Tips & Tricks | Power Apps Community Plan [Development Environment]
Power Apps Community Plan: a free development environment for individual use
If you want to build skills and learn more about Power Apps, Power Automate, and the Common Data Service, the Power Apps Community Plan is the right plan for you. The Power Apps Community Plan gives you a free development environment for individual use.
Will my Power Apps Community Plan subscription ever expire?You can use your Power Apps Community Plan subscription perpetually for free. If you are actively using an individual environment, then you won't lose access to any of the resources or functionality in that environment. You may, however, notice a delay when accessing your Common Data Service Database for the first time after a long period of inactivity. This delay does not impact the data or entities stored in the Common Data Service.
To create a development environment to build skills and learn more about Power Platform it is recommended to create a Power Apps Community Plan over Power Apps Trial Plan.
Steps to create Power Apps Community Plan subscription
- Browse https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/communityplan/
- Choose either Get started or Create an individual environment form existing users
- Follow wizard after finishing it your Developer Environment will be created
- Resetting a developer environment is not currently supported;
- You can only sign up with your work or school account. We currently do not support signing up with a personal account.
- There is a limited capacity provided because this environment is meant for individual use, not for a team or production use. The capacity provided is: